Thursday, April 2, 2015

Amp Upgrade Status: Complete...... Maybe.

Oh! I realized I haven't posted an update on my amp/cabinet upgrade project yet. I know have three separate systems that (I believe) will cover most of my foreseeable gigs.

1. The small rig:

This rig consists of a Carvin BX250 micro Bass head at 250W @ 4Ω (200W @ 8Ω). I using it to push a Peavey 2X10 enclosure. This little head sounds great!











2. The medium "rig"

The next rig is actually a combo; the Mark Bass CMD 151P Jeff Berlin combo amp that I've been wanting for a long time. This is a GREAT sounding little rig with lots of power (500W @ 4Ω / 300W @ 8Ω).
The only thing it doesn't have is a built-in compressor. However, the Philosopher compressor should fill the need nicely.












3. The "Big Rig"

This rig consists of a Carvin BX1600 pushing my custom made Greenboy fEARless F112 cab. The cab is 8Ω and the head can provide up to 1,000W @ 8Ω when bridged! Gotta be careful that I don't push it too hard!

The clarity and punch of this cab is like nothing I've heard before! 

No comments: