Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shave of the Day Jan. 5, 2011

Razor: 7/8 Henckels Friodur
Cream: Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli
Brush: Badger & Blade Essential
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Nivea Balm



I began the new year with shaves featuring soaps, creams, aftershaves & colognes that I purchased locally. Although Huntsville doesn't have much, there are some good things to be found out there. Kiss My Face is marketed as a brushless cream but I've found that it does indeed work nicely with a brush. I picked it up at the new Earth Fare market on University Dr. (Kroger also carries the line although I've not seen this scent in any of them) and it's very slick and moisturizing. I picked up the bottle of Thayers witch hazel at Earth Fare as well. Witch hazel has long been a go-to of traditional barbers due to it's toning and antiseptic properties. This particular bottle contains a slight bit of alcohol and is unscented but there are others available that are alcohol free and scented (rose petal, lavender).

No comments: