Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shave of the Day Jan. 8, 2011

Razor: 7/8 Frederick Reynolds
Brush: No-name super badger
Cream/Soap: Williams Mug Soap + Kiss My Face Unscented
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

Used my favorite straight this morning. This is a 7/8 Frederick Reynolds made in Sheffield England some time in the late 1800's. I stumble across this item online just by accident and couldn't believe my eyes when I found it. First the blade had minimal tarnish on it, just a patina but luckily no rust. Second and what was most amazing to me was the fact that it still had the original scales which were light colored horn and in fantastic shape right down to the original lead spacer. But the ultimate was the price I paid for it; only $22 shipped!

The brush I purchased off Ebay and had it restored by Tony and Penworks with a nice super badger knot. I finished up my week of local-product shaves with the Williams mug soap enhanced with a bit of Kiss My Face unscented shaving cream to create what some refer to as "super lather" and finished off with a splash of Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue aftershave.

No comments: