Friday, February 11, 2011

New razors on the way!

Got a few new ones (well, new to me) en route...


15/16 Friederich Herber hollow ground square point made in Germany around 1895 judging from the "spade" and "crossed keys" markings on the tang. I believe the scales are the original bone scales but I could be mistaken. Some patina and light rusting on the blade but I'm hopeful that it will buff out and clean up nicely!


Second is a 5/8 Robert Klass "Kissign Crane" razor (circa 1925 appox.) whose scales look to have have been replaced at some point with those from a FW Engels razor. I typically would have passed this razor by but it looked to be in very good condition and the price was right.


Lastly is a Robeson SureEdge that appears to be either a 4/8 or 9/16. I could be mistaken. The razor appears to be in very good shape, possibly new old stock because the original label is still on the scales..



There appears to be very little hone wear evident that I can see, just some tarnish that hopefully will buff out to a mirror finish. I believe, judging from the size of the blade and bolsters on the ends of the scales, that this razor is a model 14K400. The blade bears the engraving "The razor that fits your face" and was originally marketed to men with "medium beards and very tender skin" as seen here:


Eager to get them all in!

No comments: