Friday, February 11, 2011

Shave of the Day Feb. 11, 2011

Razor: 7/8 Joseph Smith & Sons
Soap: Creed Green Irish Tweed
Brush: Penworks Finest
Aftershave: Proraso
Cologne: Creed Green Irish Tweed



A very good shave this morning. The J. Smith blade is a fantastic shaver. I don't use it very often however because the home made replacement scales make it difficult to strop and a little unwieldy. I really love these big, old razors though and I plan to send it to a restorer in Tennessee to get some new clothes. I'm thinking some multi-colored (blond & black) horn scales would look very nice as well as fitting seeing as it dates back probably to the mid to late 1800's.

Proraso is a well respected brand out of Italy and (as I understand it) is used in most barber shops there. The aftershave splash has a very nice herbaceous, Juniper-like scent and a very nice menthol kick guaranteed to wake you up in the morning!

No comments: